When the developer of AI Roguelite announced the game, it got many players excited. However, now that it has been officially released, it appears that players are somewhat disappointed with the current state of the game. I’m not talking about the overall story but the experience players are having. Since AI Roguelite was released, numerous players have expressed their frustration due to unwanted and annoying crashes in the game. If you’re also experiencing these crashing and freezing problems, don’t worry; you’re not alone because many others are facing the same issues.
These crashing-related problems came to the attention of the developer, who promptly released a new patch to address the issue. Nevertheless, if you’re still encountering random crashes in AI Roguelite, launch problems, and more, it might be an isolated case, which means the problem could be on your end. In this guide, we will provide you with proven workarounds and fixes to resolve these game issues.
How to Fix AI Roguelite Crashing?
Before we start with the more tricky steps to fix these crashes, let’s start the basic troubleshooting and pre-checks.
- Restart your computer
- Check if you have the minimum system requirements
- Get the latest patch
- Windows Game Mode enabled
If you have already tried these common troubleshooting steps and still getting these annoying AI Roguelite crashes, then let’s continue with the more advanced troubleshooting process.
Method 1: Update Your Drivers and Other Components
To smoothly run AI Roguelite, it is required to have the latest driver updates on your PC. These driver updates include the GPU update, the correct DirectX version, C++ Redistributables, and more.
Updating these drivers manually could be challenging for others, so to make things a little bit easier, we recommend using 3rd-party software. In this case, we highly recommend using Driver Easy to automatically update all of the needed drivers (including your graphics, DirectX, and Visual C++ Runtime).
We personally used Driver Easy to fix all driver-related issues, including the crashing issues that we encounter when playing AI Roguelite. If you want to try it, here’s how to use this fantastic software:
- Download and install Driver Easy for FREE
- Open Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button to allow the software to search for any outdated, incompatible, or corrupted drivers on your PC.
- Once scanning is complete, click the Update All button to automatically download and install the compatible drivers. You can also click the Update button next to any of the flagged devices.
- Patiently wait until the update is complete and then restart your computer.
- After restarting, launch AI Roguelite and see if you still get the crashing issues that you have.
Are you still getting the crashing issues? If so, try the next method.
Method 2: Verify the AI Roguelite Game Files
Corrupted or missing files that are needed to run AI Roguelite are common reasons why you’re getting these crashes. If you haven’t done it yet, make sure that all the files of AI Roguelite are complete. Steam has an awesome feature that allows users to verify the game’s integrity. Here’s how it’s done.
- Open Steam and go to the Library tab.
- On the left side, right-click on GAMENAME.
- Select the Properties option.
- Click the Installed Files tab.
- Click on the Verify integrity of game files button and wait until the verification is complete.
Method 3: Close Unnecessary Background Running Apps/Services
It’s not surprising if AI Roguelite crashes when you have many running applications and services in the background. This happens because the game doesn’t have enough memory since your computer allocates it equally. In case you’re not aware, some Windows applications are resource-hungry, and you’re simply wasting the resources instead of giving them to AI Roguelite.
When I closed out other applications that were running in the background, I noticed an immediate improvement. Some apps are resource-hungry, and they might cause Wizard with a Gun to crash. I recommend that you temporarily close them if you don’t need them. Some of the known resource-hogging applications are Chrome Browser, Firefox Browser, and even the Spotify App for desktops.
Method 4: Run AI Roguelite as Administrator
I personally run almost every video game I have on my PC as an administrator. Running AI Roguelite as an administrator will address any permission-related issues. If this method works for me, then you too can try running AI Roguelite as an administrator. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open Steam and go to the Library tab.
- On the left side, right-click on AI Roguelite.
- Select the Properties option.
- Go to the Installed Files tab and click on the Browse button.
- From the newly opened window, right-click on the .exe file of AI Roguelite and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Save the changes by clicking the Apply button.
Once done, you can try running AI Roguelite again and see if the issue has been resolved.
Method 5: Disable Overlays
Did you know that overlays such as Steam’s In-Game Overlay, Nvidia GeForce Overlay, Discord Overlay, and many more may also cause some conflict with AI Roguelite. If you happen to have similar program running alongside AI Roguelite, we suggest that you turn it off.
For example, here’s how to disable Discord in-game overlay:
- Launch Discord.
- At the bottom interface, click on the gear icon to open the settings.
- Select the Game Overlay option on the left side of the screen.
- Toggle off the Enable in-game overlay option.
Once done, relaunch AI Roguelite to see if the crashing issues persist.
Bonus Troubleshooting Methods
If all of the suggested methods above fail, don’t worry because we have additional fixes that you can try.
- Update Your Windows Version: Having the newest Windows OS version update could resolve hidden conflicts that cause the crashing problems. Microsoft also releases under-the-hood changes to improve the overall performance of the operating system.
- Delete Temporary Files: Deleting temporary files sometimes helps especially when the game is able to run at first and then crashes during the gameplay. Clearing the temporary files followed by restarting your computer fixes some technical-related issues.
- Perform a Clean Boot: This process is the secret recipe for some video games having some crashing issues. Once you boot your PC in clean boot mode, you can run the game without any other applications running in the background, thus allowing you to identify which program affects the performance of AI Roguelite.
- Reinstall AI Roguelite: While verifying the integrity of game files usually fixes corrupt and missing files, reinstalling the game is also another option to have fresh and brand-new game files.
Now, this concludes our AI Roguelite troubleshooting guide. We are hoping that the listed solutions above helped you fix the crashing issues on your PC. In case you still experience the problem, we also recommend reaching the support team of AI Roguelite. You can easily reach them on the game’s official community on Steam.